The 8th of the 8th marks the anniversary of my business: I officially started my SEO copywriting & web consultancy business on 08/08/2008. So today is Content Writer’s 3rd birthday.
My business has enjoyed steady success right from the start and I’m still really happy doing what I do. There has never been a moment that I have been without work – but luckily enough I have been able to take a few short breaks while putting new projects on hold for a while.
I have however also sacrificed quite a few evenings and weekends to work and my goal for year 4 is to plan my work better and not to agree to deadlines that are too tight, so that there is enough time to finish work during normal business hours.
Because my website continues to perform very well in search engines, more clients than I can take on find me via Google and I have never needed to advertise my business.
Some quick stats about Content Writer’s 3rd year in business:
- Total number of clients I worked for between August 2010 and August 2011: 54
- Breakdown of clients:
- 30% local (Coffs Coast NSW)
- 50% rest of Australia (Mostly NSW, VIC, QLD)
- 20% overseas (6 different countries)
Projects I’ve worked on over the last year include:
- researching and writing the complete content for new websites
- writing persuasive and optimised content for individual pages (often homepages)
- rewriting and optimising existing web content that didn’t perform
- creating effective small business websites (WordPress and HTML sites)
- setting up social media profiles and managing Facebook and Twitter accounts
- regular updating and maintaining of client websites
- consulting clients about their websites, usability and SEO
- grading SEO students’ assignments for Search Engine College
- rewriting and editing printed marketing materials.
Here’s to going after what you want, doing what you love, and never stopping the learning process.
Cheers – and bring on year 4, I’m ready for it!
NB – Want to know more about what I do? Check out my Content Writer website.