Five years ago, before the whole world was talking about content marketing and the importance of quality, well-written, valuable web content, I had an idea. I acted upon it. And became successful.
This post explains why I became a dedicated web copywriter 5 years ago, and why I believe I will still be doing this 5 years from now.
This is what I had identified back in 2008:
- The internet was filled with fantastically designed websites – most of which had really crappy content
- Many businesses were still copying their brochure text straight onto their website, with no usability in mind
- Very few website owners understood SEO and were at a loss as to how to get people onto their website
- SEO was still mostly seen as a technical skill and not many copywriters knew anything about it
- There was a need for good copywriters with sound knowledge of writing for the web, PR/marketing, website usability and SEO.
And that was me!