My standard hourly rates for copywriting, editing, content work and consulting are:
- AU$110 for Australia (including GST)
- AU$100 for New Zealand, Asia
- US$80 for the US, Canada
- €75 for Europe
These rates represent excellent value for my clients, particularly when compared to other professional copywriters and web/SEO consultants.
Experienced freelance copywriters like me – but based in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane – often charge between $120 and $160 per hour.
As a professional copywriter, I engross myself in the topic, learn about your business, do the necessary research and write a unique piece of copy or web content that is logical, well-structured, easy to read, search engine friendly and appealing to your target audience.
I write with your target market and your business goals in mind.
Fixed prices & discounts
When you email me your requirements, I will provide you with a fixed price for your project based on how long I estimate I will need to spend on it (see below).
Discounts for NPOs:
If you are a not-for-profit organisation, please ask me about my discounted rates for NPOs.
Wondering how long a job takes? That depends on your exact requirements.
There are so many variables that have an impact on the time needed to complete a project. For example: the quality and quantity of your input, whether research is needed, and whether you know the keywords you want your content optimised for.
Take a look at the list below. Email me the answers to those 9 questions and I will send you a quote for your job.
To book new projects into my schedule, I require a 50% deposit. The balance of the invoice is payable within 7 days after completion of the project.
Payments can be made by bank transfer (preferred) or PayPal (PayPal payments incur a 2.4% surcharge or 3.4% for payments from overseas).
When you consider hiring me, I will email you my standard Terms & Conditions document, which protects both parties and prevents misunderstandings.
Timing & availability
My schedule is always filled up with work for weeks in advance, so I am generally not available for urgent work with tight turnaround times.
If you are concerned about timing, please send me a quick email asking about my availability first before sending me all the details of your project.
Get a quote
To get an accurate quote, please email me the answers to the following questions:
- What website is it for? Provide URL of existing site or explain what new site is about.
- How many pages do you need me to write? Provide a list of page names/topics if possible.
- Roughly how long do you want the pages to be?
- Is it writing from scratch or rewriting/editing existing content?
- If it’s editing or rewriting, what’s the reason it needs redoing?
- Will you give me enough information to base the content on or do you expect me to do research?
- Who is your target market (demographics) and where are they located (geographically)?
- Do you know the SEO keywords you want me to use or do you want me to do keyword research?
- What is your timeframe? Is there a deadline?