5 SEO factors besides SEO content
In this post, I’ll try to take away some of the mystery that surrounds Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and give you some tips on what you can do to further optimise your website and get better rankings in Google and other search engines.
As an SEO web content writer, I specialise in creating clear, professional, persuasive and search engine friendly content for websites.
What I usually provide for my clients is:
- Optimised Page Title
- Optimised META Description
- Optimised Page Content – including headings, subheadings and links to other pages
I will make sure to include the important SEO keywords for that particular page in the page title, META description, heading, subheadings, internal links and several times throughout the body copy, particularly in the first few paragraphs. These are important factors for SEO success.
However, it doesn’t stop there. You can do more to optimise your website.
Here are 5 further SEO tips:
- Domain name: While exact match domain names can look spammy, especially if the words in the URL don’t appear in your business name, it still helps to have a domain name that includes some of your important keywords (e.g. my domain name is www.contentwriter.com.au and that helps with my SEO).
- Page names: Give your pages descriptive names by including the important words for that page (e.g. my page about content editing is not called /page6.html or /?page_id=284.php or something nonsensical like that, but https://www.contentwriter.com.au/services/content-editing)
- Hosting: Use a web host in the country where you mainly provide your services. If you mostly target Australians, use a web host in Australia. Search engines tend to mostly show sites that are hosted in the country where the searcher is located. Alternatively, set your target country in Google Webmaster Tools.
- Images: You can optimise your page further through the photos and graphics on your page: Include keywords in the file name (e.g. metal-roof-repairs.jpg rather than picture4.jpg or IMG3842.png) and, very importantly, in the ALT tag of the image.
- Back links: It’s good to have some incoming links to your site from other websites. However, NEVER use automatic link submission services and NEVER submit your site in bulk to random websites, portals and link farms. This is almost guaranteed to actually HURT your website rankings. Instead, spend some time to find reliable websites with a related theme and try to get a link from there, ask your customers or suppliers to link to you or get listings from authoritative business directories.
This is by no means a conclusive list of SEO factors but they are just five important factors to take into account – besides optimised content and page tags, of course.
Good luck getting better rankings for your important keyword combinations! If you need help with the search engine optimisation of your website or with your web content, please contact me – Content Writer Micky Stuivenberg for a quote or to discuss what I can do for you.